Halloween tea party themed card|MFT 'Die-namics Tea party', 'Cup of tea' stamp set

4:42:00 PM

Hello and welcome!
Today I'm sharing a tea themed card again with you using MFT brand new 'Die-namics Tea party' and 'Cup of tea' stamp set. I'm totally in love with these set as soon as I saw them in MFT countdown post and I made these set mine on their reveal day. Woohoot!


Here is what I come up with. For this card,
I started by die cutting all elements using 'Die-namics Tea party' and 'Die-namics Stitched scallop basic edges'. I also trimmed brown paper and mounted it on the white card base.


I then create my own pumpkin tea ware by coloring using Zig clean color real brush markers without water. I used Orange, Bright yellow, Mustard, Oatmeal ( body of teapot and teacups, tea spoon), Mid brown, Beige (rest part of tea ware), Light grey (teabag) and Black.
After coloring, I fussy cut the top part of cups following my pumpkin sketch line to make them look more realistic.


For top and bottom panel, I ink blended them with distress inks. I used 'Shaded lilac', 'Seedless preserves' and 'Black shoot'.
I die cut for sentiment banner from 'Blueprint 5 Tag builder' and I gold heat embossed it after stamping sentiment from 'Cup of tea'. For tea bag string, I adhered gold glitter washi tape on the piece of card stock and die cut it using 'Blueprint 26'.
I then mounted all elements using glue tape and foam tape on the card base.


You are invited to Halloween tea party :) Thank you so much for stopping by!
Hugs, Dana.


* This card is my entry for MFT 2016 Card Design Superstar Contest.
 
 


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

17 comment

  1. Love this card! Very creative, and love the colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this card is really special, Dana! I wish you the best of luck in the challenge! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Laura! Your supportive comment makes me happy:)

      Delete
  3. Dana: This card was so creative and took my breath away. You are extremely talented!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dana: This card was so creative and took my breath away. You are extremely talented!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your win. Such a clever card and so well executed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Gorgeous, creative card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful autumn dishware! It would be fun to own a real set of dishes like that. Congratulations on your Superstar honor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww another superstar is here! Thank you so much, Kara!!

      Delete
  8. Spooky cute, right down to the teabag! Congrats on your Superstar win! Happy shopping for more MFT goodies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear from you, Donna! Thank you so much!!

      Delete
  9. Pumpkin tea cups and haunted tea bags... this is sooo good and creative! The no line coloring is amazing, your talent has no limits! Congratulations on your well deserved win, Dana!
    You just won something else... a new subscriber :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Cris, you made my day! Your warm words mean a lot to me. Thank you so much!❤

      Delete